If you are interested in creating concept art for Film or Animation, then this course will not only teach you techniques for painting, but will also teach you the principles and theory of visual language.
In this class you’ll learn key, important principles for composition that are fundamental to background or concept art for film, games and animation.
- You’re gong to learn how to create a visual sense of depth in your digital painting, as well as how to create a visual sense of story.
- You’ll learn about Leading Lines, Contrast and the all-important Rule of Thirds
- You’ll learn WHY the rule of thirds works, and you’ll understand that it has much more to do than just simply making a pleasing image.
- You’ll learn how this RULE affects the work that professional concept artists create in the wider context of the animation production.
- You’re also going to learn how to make visual research, how to collect and analyses images for a project, and then how to distill your own vision into a series of thumbnails on which to base your final project.