This course dives deep into the art of drawing storyboards professionally for film and animation.
Learn Story Boarding + Animation + Drawing in one course! Whether you want to lean 2d animation or filmmaking & gaming, or just how to draw characters.
I teach you how to draw dynamic character poses for animation, how to do Gesture Drawing and how to work with Character Model Sheets and Layouts. I also unpack advanced principles of drawing for animation such as: Composition, Staging for the Action; Framing your Shots and how to lead the audience’s eyes to where you want them to look. In addition, you will also learn directing techniques like when to cut a scene, when not to cut, and how to build audience identification with the characters of your story. This course is also packed with practical exercises and 3 fun assignments so that you can start making work for your portfolio. By the end of the course, you’ll be primed for professional success as a Storyboard Artist!
What you’ll learn
- You’ll learn how to draw storyboards for a script, and how to visually tell a story in the clearest possible way
- You’ll learn about story beats, how to break down a script and how to choose the right shots and camera angles
- You will learn what gesture drawing is and what it isn’t; and how to draw dynamic characters
- You’ll also learn about filmmaking techniques like editing. I’ll show you when to cut, when not to cut; how to stage the action
- This course unpacks composition principles for film and animation, so you will learn how to best compose your shots